Writing Prompt: Go to your Stats page and check your top 3-5 posts. Why do you think they’ve been successful? Find the connection between them, and write about it.
My top 3 posts are:
1. Dear Daddy…Lessons My Absent Father Taught Me This was I had written in my head, but NEVER wanted anyone else to read. But one day I realized that. I had been progressively letting go of him and this was part of the process, and I shouldn’t be ashamed to share my feelings, I’m not the only one in the world with an absent father and it’s not my burden he was a shit father…. and maybe my words could start the process of someone else letting go.
2. Tyra Cooks?…Mexican Crockpot Chicken This one has received over 1500 views, are you serious? The girl who can barley cooks when out on a limb and made something with he crock pot and BAM! RAOS Success!! (Maybe I should attempt to cook more..)
3. What Did Ryan Lochte Do?…Get a TV Show Many moons ago there was a show on E! Called, “What Would Ryan Lochte Do?” It was supposed to chronicle him training and elevating the sport of swimming as he was coming off his Olympic victory, that’s what the E! Press release said, the sow was much different and didn’t really paint him (In my opinion a positive light) A girl can only take so much of the sweet, but dumb as a brick, wanna be a player and never grow up type.
I think the reason these posts were so successful were because they were real, raw and spur of the moment, there was no thought there was no editing, it just came out. I don’t have an exceptionally large readership but the people who do read and comment, have told me things that I wouldn’t expect, I’m always so pleasantly surprised when someone says how much they enjoy what I write, or when they decide to follow me, EVERY SINGLE TIME I wonder why? Why are these people willing to read what I write, it’s nothing special..it’s just Tyra.
Until Next Time,
Copyright © 2016– Random Acts of Snark – Paying it Forward – All Rights Reserved
Lately I’ve gotten so bored with food… that tends to happen with me because I eat the same foods over and over until I can no longer stand to look at them. I had some skinless boneless chicken breast in the freezer that I wanted to use, but with the temperature heating up I really didn’t want to turn on the stove…. here comes to crockpot!
I love my crockpot and I have love for crockpot meals, maybe because I can throw everything in a pot and come back hours later to a meal ready to eat… The recipe is super easy to make 5 ingredients (even though you see 6… I’ll explain that later)
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Slow Cooker
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 hours (high setting)
Total time: 5 hours 5 mins
- 1 can black beans, drained (or pinto beans… depending on YOUR taste)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese (I use low-fat)
- 1 jar salsa
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning (optional)
- Cut the cream cheese into large chunks.
- Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, and stir to combine.
- Set the cooker on LOW and cook for, at least, 5 hours.
- Before serving, shred the chicken with two forks, and stir the mixture until it’s well combined.
This recipe is SUPER adaptable; this is really a basic recipe I’ve seen people add more ingredients and adjust others…. so you every time you make it; it’ll be totally different , you can even adjust the time, just make sure that you cook it for at least five hours (you want to make sure that the chicken is completely is done)
Once the done, simply shred the chicken and you ready to chomp. You can use this as a filling for tacos, topping for nachos, you can plop it on top of rice, or make a taco salad
And this a defiantly a freezer friendly meal (for you singletons out there!
just throw everything in there!
I added all the ingredients into my Loseit! app and out popped this information
So a couple of things that I observed about this recipe
- I probably should have drained the beans a little bit more.
- I initially purchased cheese and sour cream along with my lettuce and tomatoes, but because the creaminess of the chicken, I think I might pass on those
- My younger brother who is super picky liked it… (he had it over nacho chips)
after 5 hours
It might look a little weird, but it was sooo good. And naturally I totally forgot to take pictures once I plated it… we were hungry and wanted to get down to business…
If you have any super easy crockpot meals I would love to try them leave a comment or a link in the comments section
Until Next Time!!