I would be remiss if I didn’t remind everyone that today is Earth Day which is really one of my favorite days…. here are some fun facts
- The first Earth Day was celebrated on April 22, 1970.
- Earth Day originated in the US but became recognized worldwide by 1990.
- On Earth Day 2009, Disney released a documentary film called Earth that followed the migration paths of four animal families.
- On the very first Earth Day, 20 million people gathered in the streets of America to protest the industrial revolution. An environmental movement was born as a result.
- Every year on April 22, men, women, and children collect garbage, plant trees, clean up coral reefs, show movies, sign petitions, and plan for a better future for our planet.
- Gaylord Nelson founded Earth Day while he was working as a US senator.
- Earth Day was renamed officially by the UN in 2009 as International Mother Earth Day.
- Some schools and communities celebrate Earth Day for a whole week to expand the time frame that people focus on the earth and how they can preserve it.
- On Earth Day 2012, more than 100,000 people rode bikes in China to reduce CO2 emissions and save fuel.
- In an Earth Day celebration in 2011, 28 million trees were planted in Afghanistan by the Earth Day Network.
- In Panama, 100 endangered species of orchids were planted and maintained to prevent their extinction in honor of Earth Day.
And of course on the nail polish front to remind you of Zoya Earth Day Nail Polish Exchange
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM NUMBER IS 7
Color Me Monthly’s Chiffon
Are you still not sure what the Nail Polish Lottery Club let me give you a quick rundown; It’s a club for nail polish lovers. Do you have lots of nail polish you never used before? Put all your untried polishes into an excel sheet and every week we pick a random number and wear a different nail polish, then we post the results on our YouTube channel, blog, or on the NPLClub Facebook page! Totally easy right? If you’d like to join us feel free, we’re all totally cool!!
Nail Polish Lottery Club guidelines link :https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PJtYOL0VJjvrrfDVgK-3GSnjCcuyRDdj0Gb9IZKMjQA/edit
Nail Polish Lottery Club Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/NailPolishLotteryClub?fref=ts
Nail Polish Lottery Club Twitter hashtag: #nplclub
I was looking to try something new, lately I have been really unhappy with the polishes that Julep has come out with, so on a whim I signed up for Color Me Monthly Color Me Monthly is a monthly nail polish subscription that sends out an affordable bottle of non-toxic, vegan, and cruelty-free polish in earth-friendly packaging. The subscription costs $7.00/month. The very first polish that I got was a creamy lavender named, Chiffon; which is perfect for Easter/Spring and it was rather fortuitous that his popped up in my mail about a week ago
Whenever I am given a new polish that I’m not familiar with, I find myself filled with anticipation and dread. I really, really want the polish to work out but at the same time I am always expecting major disappointment.
The plan was to spotlight my CMM polishes the month they were mailed as an additional spotlight with my NPLC posts, but it didn’t work out that way this week… I guess the universe knew how eager I was to try this polish.
When I first sat this polish I thought that the bottle looks a little bit like an Essie bottle, but after close inspection I realized that the handle is longer, which is great for me..I tend to have a better experience with the polish if the handle is a little bit longer, so I went in blind with this polish, a new company, a totally new color for me… HOLY COW! I am a girl who takes her nail polish seriously, and I tend to be very fickle with my polish, and one small thing can set me off… so I was thinking maybe the brush would be wonky, the color would be thin… but nothing… there was NOTHING. I was instantly in love from the first coat; why because this polish is a true one coater….completely opaque once it hits the nail, you don’t come across many nail polishes that can do that.. and that alone gives this polish major points.
So you know I had to check and see if maybe the color would change on the second coats, and as you can see from the photos above, it’s exactly the same; there isn’t any difference in the opacity of the color which tells me one thing, this polish is a great bargain because I’m not using as much on the nail…
When I went on instagram to look at this month’s pick I only saw swatches of this polish on Caucasian women, I didn’t see any swatched of with any darker skin tones so I was concerned if the polish darker skin tones; which you know is always an issue with me, especially with lighter polishes.
I’m not sure if it’s the color or the fact that spring is (sometimes) here #BIPOLARWEATHER or simply the fact that Easter just passed but this color seriously takes me back when I wore white tights and pastel dresses with a serious petticoat. 30-year-old Tyra couldn’t get away with that look … but anyway back to the polish
The application of the polish was smooth and I had no issues at all with the brush. Overall I was really impressed with this weeks pick and look forward to future CCM mailings. I dont’ know that it is but seriously it seems like third time is the charm, with the past two weeks scoring high this one breaks away and get’s a perfect score. This polish get’s a 10 out of 10! Ladies…run… run and go get this polish!