Today was officially week one of my Weight Watchers Journey. The day I had been dreading since Tuesday… my weigh-in day! I am happy to report that I have lost a total of 0 pounds! I know…standing still this week was a victory because I was positive that I had gained some weight (I mean I physically felt bigger), Last Sunday and Monday I felt really good and strong and super motivated, but something happened on Tuesday, I got so bad news and I started to eat. … it’s been a LONG time since I’m had a bout of emotional eating.
Instead of crying and allowing myself to feel my emotions (fear and overwhelming sadness) I drowned what I was feeling in cookies and ice cream. I recognize what I did, and I felt so bad about it… in fact the guilt that I felt only compounded what I was initially feeling.
I had begin to feel stagnant in my weight loss, and the recent weight gain made me feel resigned to the fate that I was gonna gain all the weight I had loss back, and I didn’t want to go back and start from the very beginning. I know Weight Watchers isn’t gonna solves all of my problems, but I’m hoping that it can give me the tools to help it a little easier. The transition from calories to points was a somewhat difficult one. I am still counting my calories (I have 250+ days of tracking food with MyFitnessPal) and I’m generally staying in the 1200 calorie range….I’m learning that it’s not really about the calories (as I have been eating a LOT of empty calories) but the quality of the food that I’m eating.
Sunday was the day that I started my own success story…and a transformation is in progress!
Here’s an overview what I learned/observed this week:
- I have incorporated a lot more fruit and vegetables into my diet… it’s amazing. I’m working on trying eat fruits instead of sugary snacks.
- I also cut back on eating bread/starch with every meal. I’d been eating two slices of Ezekiel bread topped with avocado for breakfast and I swapped this out for eggs and fruit. This week I was eating rice, quinoa and/or sweet potatoes as my complex carbs for the day.
- I didn’t exercise quite as much as I had planned to do I did about 30 minutes 5 days this week, The plan has always do get back up to the 1 1/2 hours I was doing before. I want to get stronger to that I can compete in 5K’s and runs next Spring/Summer
- I ate 32 of my extra Flex points (I get 49 extra points to use any way I want each week). Not gonna lie, some of them were used on donuts and pizza
- I am on a mission to wear the exact same outfit to my Sunday weigh-in’s/meetings… let’s see how long this lasts..
This week I want to continue working on making good, healthy chooses, and incorporating more power foods into my diet.
Until Next Time….