So since last week ‘I took a self imposed hiatus I’m back and decided to do last weeks FMM since I missed it
But let’s get to mountain and molehills first. Mountain: Although I spent a lot of time sleeping, I did rustle up the courage to go back to the zoo… did lots of walking (and although my body seriously paid for it, I got a chance to spend some time with my little cousins…I also did a little bit of redesign on the blog (it wasn’t until after I went to retrieve last weeks FMM that I realize that Sarah and I are are blog twins… we have the same basic layout…. how funny! Molehill: On the flip side things have been hectic, as this is posted I will be sitting on my oncologists office… those appointment last forever (we are usually there for 6 hours)… but sitting there will be a refreshing change from the drama that happened at my house this weekend. On Friday a pipe burst and the sump pump malfunctioned and part of the basement was flooded. Then on Saturday my roof was replaced (which we knew about) what I didn’t know was that it was nearly mission impossible to get out of the house… shingles were piled right up against from front and he back doors of the house… such a pain…. but the in the end we got a brand new roof, overhangs, and gutters… and all it took was one day. By the time I got home at 6 the job was complete and the mess was cleaned up.
If you’ve taken part in Friend Makin’ Mondays before then you are familiar with the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to read and comment on a couple of other posts.
This week’s topic is ‘Veggies’ (following on from last week’s fruity topic)
1. What is your favorite vegetable?
I love spinach…. I’ve always loved it, even as a little girl…my mother used to call me Popeye
2. Is there a vegetable that you really really don’t like?
I was going to say peas, but I can tolerate them. but I refuse to eat cream style corn… I can’t it looks like it was eaten then thrown up again…. totally gross.
3. Do you drink vegetable juices? If so what flavors?
I just recently had beet juice, it wasn’t great; but it wasn’t that bad either… I added it to a a smoothie. I will say that it tasted a bit like dirt… well I shouldn’t say dirt, but it had an earthy after taste.
4. Potatoes – do you count them as a vegetable serving?
French fries and tator tots…nope! If it’s mashed, baked or boiled I count them as a vegetable.
5. How many portions of vegetables do you eat a day?
I try to get at least three a day.
6. if you were making a smoothie would you add vegetables?
See Question # 3. Plus I would defiantly add carrot juice to my smoothie
7. Are you allergic to any vegetables?
Not one that I’ve eaten yet…
8. Do you have a favorite vegetable recipe? Feel free to share the recipe with us.
We used to eat potatos O’Brien all the time when I was a child, but there’s something more adult when you add cheese to it…. and you know how I feel about cheese.
- 1 large pkg Potatoes O’Brien ~Diced potatoes with peppers and onions (in the Freezer Section)
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup, Campbell’s Healthy Request (Or your choice – Cream of Mushroom, Celery, Broccoli)
- 1-16 oz container of sour cream
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients in a large bowl (put the potatoes in right from the freezer).
- Put in to a casserole dish and bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes (If you double or triple this you will need to cook longer, potatoes are done when golden and bubbly)
9. Do you grow any veggies in your garden?
Nope, I’m not that gifted
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions. Don’t forget to come back here and leave a link to your post in the comments, so we can check out everyone’s answers.
Until Next Time!