It has been such a long time since I had make a contribution to this section of my blog, but like I always say, a girl needs inspiration. So at the end of April my mom tells me that she will be hosting this years Mother’s Day lunch and I need to come up with a menu …. let me repeat that I had to come up with the menu and I had to prepare it.
So the menu for the Mother’s day is as follows:
- French Bread
- Assorted Vegetables with Dip
- Peach Bellini’s
- And Strawberry Icebox Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: No Bake/Quick
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 0 hours
Total time: 15 minutes
Serves: around 16
- 2 lbs. strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 box Graham Crackers
- 2 tubs whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1 bar dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup half and half
(I did make a double batch as shown in the photos)
- In a 9×13 pan, layer the ingredients: whipped topping, graham crackers, whipped topping, strawberries. Repeat until you reach the top, ending with a berry layer.
- For the ganache, break the chocolate into pieces. Heat the cream or half and half until almost boiling, then pour on top of the chocolate, whisking till melted. Immediately drizzle on top and garnish with strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Super easy right?!?!! This is perfect for the warmer weather, you can have a dessert without turning on the stove! If you have an other recipes for ice box cakes, let me know in the comments below.
I added all the ingredients into my My Fitness Pal and out popped this information
Until next time…. happy cooking!!