Yesterday was absolutely amazing, my mother was invited over to my cousin’s house for a Mother’s Day brunch, and she extended an invitation to me, and I was kinda on the fence about whether or not I wanted to go since I wasn’t a mother and motherhood and my issues with miscarriage and fertility always seem to come to a head around this time of the year. But my mom encouraged me to go by saying, “it’s Mother’s Day, and I want to spend it with you”… how could I refuse. We had a good time and we saw some family. And most of all I spent the day with my “best girl”
I call this my Mother’s day progression pic. okay so you only see the face, I know that both of those pictures have me in it… but it’s like looking at two different versions of myself. Every year I’m getting better and better. I can’t wait until my mother’s day progression picture next year.
1. Do you use coupons? Oh my goodness yes, You don’t understand. I love coupons. When I find and use them I am so pleased with myself; I feel like I’m getting an extra bargain!
2. How often do you weigh yourself? I try to do it every other week. I think its better if you don’t obsess about the scale.
3. What was your favorite TV show as a kid? Soul Train… when it was younger it was totally “must see TV” for me and my friends
4. How often do you drink alcohol? Never
5. Have you ever met a celebrity or public figure that you really admire? Yes …several
6. If you had to choose between only your cell phone or only your laptop all week which would you choose? Are you serious? That’s just cruel… neither I would go absolutely mad….I’m not ashamed to say that I’m addicted to technology. The hard drive died on my computer and I felt like one of my friends died… I called my mom in tears and she was so annoyed by my emotions she brought me a new computer (I SWEAR I didn’t call to get a new computer) and if I don’t know where my cell phone is I panic… it’s an illness…I might need therapy. If they were taken away I would be so bored I would just sleep…
7. What is your favorite brand of detergent? Deft. Yes I know that’s it’s primarily used for babies, but I have very sensitive skin and will break out in hives if the detergent is too strong
8. If there was a movie about your life, who would play the role?
9. What book are you currently reading? I’m actually reading Hemlock Grove: or the Wise Wolf by Brian McGreevy . I pretty much watched the entire series on Netflix in one day… and it totally had me intruged… I had go go and download the book, because I had so many questions. I can’t wait until the author publishes the second book in the series.. I’m gonna need my fix
10. If you could spend one day on vacation anywhere in the world, which place would you choose? The Seychelles. I would pretend I was on the TV show Lost and scream…” Waaallllttttt” at the top of my lungs
Until Next Monday!!