|Photo courtesy of www.pinchofpretty.com|
This past month I forgot to take a picture of my Maven box ( I borrowed this from the website)…which had 2 polishes designed by Trina Turk and a full size mascara.
So what did I get?
- Benefit Cosmetics – the POREfessional (full size $29) – First of all I love the company and initally I was gonna give this to my mom since I don’t wear foundation, then I read that you can wear it alone.. so SCORE… all for me!
- bosica – Soothing Cleansing Cream (full size $26) -My dermatologist actually recomended this company to me since I have such dry, sensitive skin. And this is a product that I used anyway. The sample size I got was 1.86 fl oz, which i thought was great since the full size is 5oz. And now i have this smaller size which is great , so I can use it when I travel.
- Kate Spade – Twirl – NOTE TO SANTA..I’ve been a good girl, I would like this in my stocking come Christmas!
- Twist band – (set of 12 -$18) – At first I was kinda blah about this sample, but then i figured, ” I have hair… I’ll use it.” Then I took out the snag-less elastic that I had in my hair overnight.. and not only did it snag, but took out a nice chunk of my hair with it …So I’m gonna try it and see if they work better than what I was using before… and if so I’ll get them… plus them come in cute colors and patterns.
- ColorClub Birchbox Custom polish (full size $8) The one I received was Status Update…. it’s sort or a charcoal color… not really a fan of the color, but I’ll use it for nail art…plus the tag made me giggle.
- Tili Bag -( $9-$10) a cute little reusable bag for your beauty products, my first thought was this would be awesome when I travel, but after thinking about it … I can use one for my brushes, one for my dotting tools and nail stuff…. the list goes on and on. and they come in two different sizes and lots of fun colors and patterns. This was what they called a LIFESTYLE EXTRA
- Digital download of Tristan Prettyman two new tracks. You can never lose with music, plus I like to “discovering” new artists.
- A $25 gift card (for a purchase of $75 or more) from Madewell. My first thought was , “humm, not gonna use this… I don’t fit their clothes” turns out I can fit some of their things, but frankly I find them basic and overpriced… so this will go unused… if anyone shops their and would like the code….hit me up. It’s yours!
FINAL VERDICT 4/5
So while during my research the concept behind this company was giving their customers 4-5 full size samples of beauty products every month. Gotta say I was pleasantly surprised by what I got
- h.wood beauty lip shine – FULL SIZE the retail price for this is $16 that right there makes me to cost of the box worth it. The color that I got was rose and I was a little miff-ed cause I’m generally a plum girl, but everywhere I go I’m seeing pick lips everywhere so I give it a try. Being African-American my lips are a little bit darker, but I tried it and paired it with a little bit of Nivea Lip shine and I loved it… it’s just a little bit of color on the days when you need to run out really quick (you know the kind of day that doesn’t require your full make-up regime).. definitely a keeper.
- HollyRen Natural False eye lashes – ($7.00) It’s so funny that I got these cause I was meaning to order a pair on Sally.com just yesterday. Gonna put these on this weekend and see if the boyfriend notices the difference.
- Silk Naturals eye shadow ($4.00) Taffeta – the website describes this color as “smoky plum satin” . After looking that the website I really like the colors and the names… seriously who wants to put a little Demon on their eyes?? This girl does!!! Now I noticed that some people who posted their unboxings’ on Youtube actually got blush instead of eye shadow.
- Goat Haus Dairy Bath Melts ($2.50) – Angel Kiss “light vanilla with a hint of lavender”… let me be the first to say that it smells soooo good! I really want to try this, but I’m not a baths kinda gal… maybe I’ll save it for one of those days when I feel extra stressed.
- NU ME Hydrating Shampoo (Full size retail $25.00). Now reading about this I was all excited, this must be true love… ooh a hydrating shampoo for dry hair!!!… and it’s got Moroccan Argon Oil!!! (a MUST for me) then I realized that this is a sulfate based shampoo and our love story ended there. 😦 Will not be trying this. (Sulfate based products are not great for natural hair)
But all together I got nearly $30 worth of products for the bargain price of $12. I like this one so much, I’m gonna switch over to yearly!
FINAL VERDICT 5/5
There were more that I would have loved to sign up for, but there were not in my budget. Eco Emi and Allure BeautyBox, Glossy Box, and so more! Like I said there is box to fit your needs and your budget. And before I forget I gotta give Jacinta of My Beauty Boxes some loves… each monthly see blogs about her boxes
UNTIL NEXT TIME…STAY GLAMOROUS!